Image Map

A Lesson of Love

A sneak peek into our Valentine's Day

Is it bad to admit that I am grateful for the trials and hardships I have gone through in my life?  That often times while even in the midst of whatever it is I am going through, I can already see, feel and recognize how I needed that experience.  These are the experiences that have taught me strength, endurance, hope, faith, and, ultimately, molded me into the person I am and want to be.

My recovery after giving birth to Kate four weeks ago has been a rocky road.  Finding out that our week old baby may have a genetic disorder and then suffering for three weeks with an infection that caused excruciating pain in my stomach was extremely difficult.

While these experiences made me feel pain, fatigue and grief like I had never felt before, there are no words that can describe how much I have grown and been touched while overcoming the hardship of being so sick and coping with the unexpected.

My heart was opened and I am able to let in more love than I ever imagined possible.

The first few days after the devastating call from Primary Children's Hospital, I had the hardest time sleeping at night while the baby slept.  The only thing that brought me enough comfort to be able to fall asleep was Craig's arm tightly holding me.

I have never felt so much love from Craig and I have never loved Craig more than I have since Kate's birth.  His support and selflessness has carried me and given me a greater appreciation and understanding of how blessed I am to be able to raise a family and go through this life and through the eternities with such an amazing man.

It's hard to explain the depth of gratitude I feel for the outpouring of love my family and I have received over the past few weeks.  This was so heavy on my mind on Valentine's Day.

I realize now that I never understood how powerful a force for good love can be.  That love can literally lift a burden, heal your heart, strengthen your faith, and deepen your relationships.  How beautiful it is to see love work in your life.

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank all of those who have shown their love.  Your examples have taught me so much.  And I have resolved to myself that, no matter what season of life I am in, I'm choosing to love.  And choosing to not only love others but to open my heart to be loved.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips